How You Can Help as a Colon Cancer Survivor
No matter your comfort level or experience with supporting people in their Colon cancer journey, there are colon cancer volunteer opportunities for you. You could volunteer your time to work directly with people who need your support the most, sharing your experiences on a one-to-one basis. If that’s not for you, our cancer support groups or similar programs may be a better fit. There are also more indirect support roles you can explore.
Colon Cancer Volunteer Opportunities
- Share your colon cancer experience with someone who has recently been diagnosed—everyone’s cancer journey is different, but your story can provide valuable insight about what to expect.
- Volunteer your first hand knowledge to help others with Colon cancer navigate the different aspects of life with cancer.
- Help by driving a fellow cancer survivor to their doctor appointments and back home again.
- Run errands for someone facing Colon cancer, like going grocery shopping, picking up meals, or providing pet care.
- Visiting individuals with colon cancer while they’re recuperating from surgery at the hospital.
- Participate in a colon cancer support group.
- Take notes at a doctor’s appointment for someone facing a Colon cancer diagnosis.
If you’d rather take a more behind-the-scenes role, you could consider one of the following:
- Distribute care packages to people undergoing treatment by volunteering with a colon cancer support network.
- Help at a local cancer charity or event with administrative tasks.
- Participate in a fundraiser or donate to an organization like CanCare.
Our team of training specialists, therapists, and staff work together to ensure that every volunteer is prepared to do a great job. The training program prepares our Colon cancer survivor volunteers by helping them process their personal cancer journey, develop listening skills, and learn how to best support their clients.
Online/Virtual Training Classes
• June 22-23
• August 5-6
• October 7-8
• November 16-17
How Much Time Do Colon Cancer Volunteers Spend with CanCare?
As a volunteer with CanCare, you decide how much time you can devote to supporting those facing Colon cancer. Our organization pairs survivor volunteers with clients recently diagnosed with Colon cancer. Our volunteers are crucial to the process, as they can provide a unique perspective and emotional support because they have experienced a similar journey.
Whatever brings you to CanCare, we’re here to welcome you to our community of Colon cancer survivor volunteers. Our mission is to ensure that anyone facing cancer has a survivor they can count on, who understands what they’re going through, and who is there for them when they need someone. If you’ve had Colon cancer and want to help, reach out to us today.
How to Become a Colon Cancer Volunteer with CanCare
When you’re ready to make a difference for someone facing Colon cancer, reach out to CanCare to see how you can help!
We offer online/virtual training classes throughout the year to become a member of the CanCare Volunteer Survivor team.
If you want to become a Colon cancer survivor volunteer with CanCare, you are needed! Signup online, email us, call us, or attend one of our events today to be a volunteer.
Ron & Ina
Looking to find us in the community? Click the link below and get registered to support CanCare!
Overwhelmed with a new diagnosis? Please click below for resources to assist you on your journey. You are not alone.
Request prayer for yourself or a loved one facing cancer.
Existing volunteers can use this link to be taken to the CanCare Volunteer Portal to submit hours and manage their accounts
Virtual Support Groups
We offer virtual support groups for cancer survivors, caregivers, and for those with a stage 4 diagnosis.