Breast Cancer Volunteer Opportunities
However you’re comfortable supporting people just beginning their breast cancer journey, there are breast cancer volunteer opportunities for you. You could work directly with people who need your support the most by volunteering your time and experiences on a one-to-one basis or in a cancer support group or similar program, or you could take a more indirect support role.
All of the following are great choices for those looking to work closely with those facing cancer:
- Share your cancer experience with those who have recently been diagnosed—even though every individual’s cancer journey is different, your story can provide valuable insight as to what others can expect
- Volunteer your expertise to help people with breast cancer in other areas of life
- Driving a fellow survivor to their doctor appointments, or back home again
- Performing errands for someone facing breast cancer, like grocery shopping, picking up meals, or taking care of pets
- Visiting individuals dealing with cancer while they’re recuperating from surgery at the hospital
- Lead, co-lead, or participate in a cancer support group
- Take notes for someone facing a breast cancer diagnosis during their doctor’s appointments
If you’d rather take a more behind-the-scenes role, you could consider one of the following:
- Volunteer with a breast cancer support network to distribute care packages to people undergoing treatment
- Helping with administrative tasks at a local cancer charity or event
- Donating to an organization like CanCare or participating in a fundraising drive
Our exceptional training program is led by seasoned CanCare volunteers and trainers. Our training provides pancreatic cancer volunteers with techniques to sharpen their active listening skills and the opportunity to work through diagnosis, treatment, or caregiving issues in order to best support their clients.
Online/Virtual Training Classes
• June 22-23
• August 5-6
• October 7-8
• November 16-17
How Much Time Can I Volunteer with CanCare?
As a volunteer with CanCare, you decide how much time you can devote to supporting those facing breast cancer. Our organization pairs survivor volunteers with clients recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Our volunteers are crucial to the process, as they can provide a unique perspective and emotional support because they have been on a similar journey.
Whatever brings you to CanCare, we’re here to welcome you to our community of breast cancer volunteers. Our mission is to ensure that anyone facing cancer has a survivor they can count on, who understands what they’re going through, and who is there for them when they need someone. If you’ve had breast cancer and want to help, reach out to us today.
How to Become a Breast Cancer Volunteer with CanCare
When you’re ready to make a difference for another person facing breast cancer, reach out to CanCare to see how you can help!
We offer Online/Virtual training classes throughout the year to become a member of the CanCare Volunteer Survivor team.
Ron & Ina
Looking to find us in the community? Click the link below and get registered to support CanCare!
Overwhelmed with a new diagnosis? Please click below for resources to assist you on your journey. You are not alone.
Request prayer for yourself or a loved one facing cancer.
Existing volunteers can use this link to be taken to the CanCare Volunteer Portal to submit hours and manage their accounts
Virtual Support Groups
We offer virtual support groups for cancer survivors, caregivers, and for those with a stage 4 diagnosis.