One-on-One Lung Cancer Volunteers
CanCare lung cancer survivor and caregiver volunteers engage in personal one-on-one virtual support with lung cancer patients and their caregivers. Volunteers are matched with clients by cancer type, treatment method, life stage, age, and gender. As lung cancer survivors themselves, CanCare volunteers have the unique ability to relate to and empathize with clients currently undergoing their lung cancer diagnosis. This bond gives clients an outlet to discuss their personal feelings and lung cancer experiences that might otherwise be hard to express.
Lung Cancer Volunteer Opportunities
- Share your lung cancer experience with someone who has recently been diagnosed—everyone’s cancer journey is different, but your story can provide valuable insight about what to expect.
- Volunteer your first hand knowledge to help others with lung cancer navigate the different aspects of life with cancer.
- Help by driving a fellow cancer survivor to their doctor appointments and back home again.
- Run errands for someone facing lung cancer, like going grocery shopping, picking up meals, or providing pet care.
- Visiting individuals with lung cancer while they’re recuperating from surgery at the hospital.
- Participate in a lung cancer support group.
- Take notes at a doctor’s appointment for someone facing a lung cancer diagnosis.
Our exceptional training program is led by seasoned CanCare volunteers and trainers. The training will provide our lung cancer volunteers with tools to sharpen their active listening skills and the opportunity to work through issues remaining from diagnosis, treatment or caregiving in order to best support their clients.
Online/Virtual Training Classes
• June 22-23
• August 5-6
• October 7-8
• November 16-17
How Much Time Do Lung Cancer Volunteers Spend with CanCare?
As a volunteer with CanCare, you decide how much time you can devote to supporting those facing lung cancer. Our organization pairs survivor volunteers with clients recently diagnosed with lung cancer. Our volunteers are crucial to the process, as they can provide a unique perspective and emotional support because they have experienced a similar journey.
Whatever brings you to CanCare, we’re here to welcome you to our community of lung cancer survivor volunteers. Our mission is to ensure that anyone facing cancer has a survivor they can count on, who understands what they’re going through, and who is there for them when they need someone. If you’ve had lung cancer and want to help, reach out to us today.
How to Become a Lung Cancer Volunteer with CanCare
When you’re ready to make a difference for someone facing lung cancer, reach out to CanCare to learn about our lung cancer volunteer opportunities today!
We offer online/virtual training classes throughout the year to become a member of the CanCare Volunteer Survivor team.
If you want to become a lung cancer survivor volunteer with CanCare, we can use you! Signup online, email us, call us, or attend one of our events today to be a volunteer.
Ron & Ina
Looking to find us in the community? Click the link below and get registered to support CanCare!
Overwhelmed with a new diagnosis? Please click below for resources to assist you on your journey. You are not alone.
Request prayer for yourself or a loved one facing cancer.
Existing volunteers can use this link to be taken to the CanCare Volunteer Portal to submit hours and manage their accounts
Virtual Support Groups
We offer virtual support groups for cancer survivors, caregivers, and for those with a stage 4 diagnosis.